Salient Features of Actilis
- Actilis is one of the adorable generic versions of Cialis because it too contains tadalafil.
- One of the major advantages of using Actilis is that you do not have to plan your sexual activity, unlike using sildenafil (Viagra).
- Tadalafil is known to remain in your body for as much as 36 hours, giving you enough time to satisfy your partner.
- Because of this 36-hours effectiveness, Actilis is called the “weekend” pill.
- Overall, this drug is highly effective at treating impotence and boosting men’s sexual health.
Actilis vs. Cialis
Actilis and Cialis are identical to each other when it comes to treating erectile dysfunction because they both have the same active ingredient – tadalafil. They are bioequivalent to each other. The only dissimilarity between Actilis and Cialis is the price, where Actilis quite cheaper than Cialis. Men with erectile dysfunction can use Actilis instead of Cialis if they find the latter costly. It is important to note that Cialis is pretty expensive than Actilis. Centurion Laboratories produces Actilis pills, while Eli Lilly develops the brand Cialis.
Working of Actilis
Actilis contains Tadalafil, a selective phosphodiesterase-type-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor. The drug blocks the action of an enzyme called PDE5, stopping the degradation of another enzyme called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This action mechanism leads to a release in the serum Nitric Oxide (NO), a chemical that augments blood flow throughout the body, including the penile organ. Eventually, upon sexual stimulation, the penile organ receives enough blood for a harder and more durable erection.
- Actilis is to be taken an hour before sexual activity or as directed by a physician. It can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure you take the whole pill, without crushing or splitting. The drug may lose its effectiveness if you fail to take a whole pill.
- Take only one tablet of Actilis once a day or maybe two. Avoid alcohol, grapefruits, and illicit drugs during the dosage.
- You should never use this drug if you are allergic to tadalafil or any other PDE5 inhibitors.
- Inform your prescribing doctor about the medical conditions you have and about the treatment you have been undergoing.
- Do not self-medicate or overdose with tadalafil; if you do so, you may experience unpleasant side effects.
Potential Side Effects
- Back pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Nasal congestion
- Hot flashes
Like all synthetic medicines, Actilis may or may not cause adverse events. The above-mentioned side effects are common and subside as soon as the drug leaves the system. However, you must seek medical help if you experience serious side effects such as chest pain, breathlessness, arrhythmias, rapid heartbeat, or a painful erection. A prolonged erection (priapism) is a rare side effect of tadalafil.
Special Precautions and Warning
- Before you start using Actilis pills to overcome your ED issue, tell your doctor if you have a tadalafil allergy or any drug allergy.
- Tell your doctor about the OTC or prescription medications, vitamins, or nutritional supplements you have been taking.
- Also, tell your doctor about any herbal medicines or street drugs you have been taking. Such products may contain drugs that interact with tadalafil.
- Your past and present medical history are important so inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions before using Actilis for your ED problem.
- Tell your doctor if you smoke or drink alcohol regularly. Also, you should not drink alcohol or smoke marijuana while using this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have been advised not to indulge in sexual activity due to cardiac reasons. Actilis is not for such patients.
- You may have to temporarily stop taking Actilis if you are supposed to undergo any surgical or dental procedure.
- Concurrent utilization of drugs such as nitric oxide, organic nitrates, and nitrates are strictly prohibited.
- That’s because these drugs are inimical to Actilis and could increase the risk of hypotension if taken together.
- Actilis is not indicated in men who have severe heart disease, cancer, blood dyscrasias, Peyronie’s disease, or any brain or neurological disorders.
- Actilis is also contraindicated in men who take alpha-blockers, an antihypertensive drug.
- That’s because tadalafil and alpha-blockers can potentially bring down your blood pressure levels, needing immediate medical attention.
How are Actilis and Viagra different?
Actilis has a duration of action of almost 36 hours, unlike another commonly advised anti-impotence medicine Viagra, which has a shorter duration of action. Hence, Actilis is often known by the name “weekend” pill. It does not mean that the medicine gives you a 36-hour erection. It means you are able to get an erection multiple times in that period.
What is the common dosage of Actilis?
The usual dosage of Actilis is 20mg, which is to be taken with a glass of water. It can be consumed for about 20-30 minutes before indulging in sexual intercourse. If your doctor has advised 10 mg, you can cut the Actilis 20 mg pill into half and take it as a 10 mg dosage. Do not crush or chew the pill before consumption.
How long a gap should be there between the intake of two doses?
A gap of about 30 hours should be maintained between two doses to prevent any undesired side effects. The drug usually remains in your system for about 36 hours. Do not use Actilis on a regular basis. It is not for daily purposes. Make sure you take it only when you intend to make love.
What should one remember before taking Actilis?
Taking Actilis pills with some medicines can cause an abrupt reduction in blood pressure. Do not take this medicine if you already use any other ED drug, nitroglycerin, nitrates, or alpha-blockers. These medicines help control blood pressure and tadalafil also reduces blood pressure. Taking Actilis with any of these medicines could dramatically reduce blood pressure.
What do clinical reports say about Actilis?
In human trials, tadalafil enhanced erection in younger and older men. With an efficacy durable up to 36 hours, Actilis permits patients to choose when to have sexual activities without the need to plan it, showing positive responses in terms of quality of life.
Can I buy Actilis online?
Yes, you can buy Actilis online at the best price on HisKart. This generic tadalafil medicine is much cheaper than Cialis. You can easily buy Actilis pills online via HisKart, which can cost you less than a dollar if you buy in bulk.