Salient Features of Generic Advair
- Generic Advair is for use for adults and children older than four years.
- The Generic Advair contains fluticasone propionate and salmeterol. It is a combinational medicine against asthma symptoms.
- One of the active ingredients in the Generic Advair drug is salmeterol, which is a beta2-adrenergic bronchodilator.
- It is a purple plastic inhaler, which appears light purple and has a strap cap, a pressurized metered-dose aerosol canister fitted with a counter.
Generic Advair vs. Advair HFA
Generic Advair is a generic counterpart of Advair HFA. Both the medicines are bronchodilators. They contain a combination of two drugs, which are fluticasone propionate and salmeterol. Both versions are the same concerning working mechanisms, precautions, side effects, usage, and contraindications. However, there are two differences. First, Generic Advair is an inhaler that contains dry powder while Advair HFA is a nebulizer. The drug enters your mouth in the form of aerosols. Second, the generic drug is available at the lowest price.
Working of Generic Advair
The Generic Advair is a combination of medicine works by inhibiting and initiating intense immune-related reactions. It contains corticosteroid and a beta2-adrenergic bronchodilator. Both the potent ingredients work to palliate an asthma attack by reducing inflammation of the airway and contraction of bronchos. Using this inhaler helps to control symptoms such as wheezing and coughing.
Usage and Precautions
- Carefully read the instructions on the leaflet before use. Use the medicine as directed by your physician. Using too much of this medicine can cause dangerous side effects.
- Consult your doctor if you do not understand or have any doubts regarding the usage.
- Shake the Generic Advair inhaler device at least for five seconds before use.
- Do not allow children to use Generic Advair inhaler without adult supervision.
- Rinse the mouth and gargle with water without swallowing after each use of this inhaler.
- Before using the Generic Advair inhaler, inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredients of this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you have any health issues such as blood pressure, eye problem, thyroid, heart disorder, etc.
- This drug contains lactose as a minimal quantity; therefore, if you are lactose intolerant, tell your doctor.
Possible Side Effects
- muscle pain
- bone pain
- nausea and vomiting
- irritation in the throat
- hoarseness in voice
- flu-like symptoms
Do not use Generic Advair if you are allergic to fluticasone or salmeterol, or:
- if you have an allergy to milk proteins
- If you have severe COPD symptoms
Generic Advair FAQs
Can I take Generic Advair once a day?
You should always follow your doctor’s direction. Usually, taking Generic Advair once a day is advised for people with mild asthma. However, other medicines are suitable for mild asthma. While Generic Advair is widely used for severe asthma or COPD.
Is Advair a steroid inhaler medicine?
The Generic Advair is a combinational drug against asthma that helps to palliate asthma symptoms. It contains fluticasone and salmeterol. Fluticasone drug is a corticosteroid, and salmeterol is a beta2-adrenergic bronchodilator. Both work to treat asthma and chronic bronchitis as well as COPD associated with chronic bronchitis. So, yes, it contains one steroid, and it is a steroid-based drug.
Do you shake Generic Advair?
Yes, before using Generic Advair, you need to shake the Generic Advair device or inhaler. One should shake it well for at least five seconds.
Does Advair help to control cough?
Yes, Generic Advair is a popular inhaler that helps to control inflammation of the airway caused during an asthma attack. One of the common symptoms is persistent coughing. Therefore, it helps to palliate coughing.
What happens if I miss the dose of Generic Advair?
In case you miss the Generic Advair dosage, then skip the missed dose and use the next dosage at the scheduled time. Do not take two doses at one time.