Salient Features of Filitra
- Filitra is the best male enhancement pill because of its high efficacy in treating erectile dysfunction.
- Studies have found that its active drug vardenafil could delay ejaculation, giving enough endurance for sexual activity.
- Filitra boosts stronger and more durable erections on sexual stimulation, helping men to perform well in bed.
- It also boosts overall sexual performance by sustaining an erection hard enough during intercourse.
- Filitra is clinically proven and safe in most men who suffer from ED and its complications.
Filitra vs. Levitra
Filitra is a generic version of the brand Levitra, which contains the active ingredient Vardenafil. Both Filitra and Levitra share the same active ingredient so their pharmacological activity, dosage, usage, route of administration, and precautions are the same. The only difference you will find in these ED drugs is the price. Filitra is quite cheaper and easily available than Levitra. As far as the manufacturers are concerned, Filitra is produced by Fortune Healthcare, while Levitra is by Bayer.
Working of Filitra
Vardenafil, the active drug of Filitra, belongs to a group of drugs called phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. PDE5 inhibitors work by temporarily increasing blood flow to the penile organ when men get sexually excited. Upon oral intake, the drug negates the action of the PDE5 enzyme in order to cease the degradation of cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate. When this happens, the body naturally boosts nitric oxide during sexual stimulation, which helps boost blood flow to the penile organ for an erection.
- Filitra is to be taken exactly as advised by a medical practitioner because it contains the prescription ED drug vardenafil.
- Read all the instructions carefully before and while using this generic ED medication. Use this generic ED drug with care and caution.
- The dose should be taken orally, about 60 minutes before sexual activity, preferably on an empty stomach.
- One must take the whole pill of Filitra rather than crushing or splitting it into halves; doing so may decrease the drug’s effectiveness.
- Filitra should be used with caution in patients with certain medical issues, especially diabetes and cardiovascular issues.
- As far as precautions are concerned, use Filitra only after informing your doctor about the medical conditions or any treatment.
- Filitra is only for men who are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction (ED). It should not be used for recreational purposes.
Potential Side Effects
- Back pain
- Blurred Vision
- Hot flushes
These are common side effects of Filitra, which fade away after some time. If any of these side effects persist, check with your doctor right away. You must visit the nearest ER if you experience a painful, prolonged erection that does not subside even after 3 hours. Also, see your doctor if you experience chest pain or pressure, difficulty breathing, dizziness, or palpitations.
Special Precautions and Warnings
- Before using any ED drug, it is important to see a doctor. A detailed medical history with a physical exam can help your doctor to diagnose ED. After ED is diagnosed, your doctor would recommend any one of the PDE5 inhibitors, including vardenafil (Filitra).
- Before initiating treatment with Filitra, you must ask your doctor about the drug’s safety. If your cardiovascular health is optimal and you are allowed to indulge in sexual intercourse, you can use Filitra pills. Men who have cardiac risks and are prohibited from having sex must not use this medicine.
- Your blood pressure is slightly reduced after taking this tadalafil-based medicine. If you have low or high blood pressure issues, check with your doctor before using Filitra.
- Filitra interacts adversely with the hypertension drugs alpha-blockers, the chest pain drugs nitrates, the HIV drugs protease inhibitors, and the pulmonary hypertension drug riociguat. If you use any of these drugs with Filitra, your blood pressure will drop to a potentially dangerous level.
- Mild dizziness or drowsiness is common with vardenafil so you must not indulge in outdoor activities, such as riding, driving, or operating heavy machinery.
- Filitra overdose should be avoided. Overdosing may increase the risk of side effects, particularly priapism (prolonged erection), dizziness, palpitations, chest discomfort, breathlessness, or syncope.
- One should know about the contraindications of Filitra because most men with ED have been using it.
- Filitra is not advised to men who have certain medical conditions and who are undergoing treatment with certain drugs.
- The drug is contraindicated in men with heart disease, Peyronie’s disease, blood cancer brain disorders, and liver or kidney impairment.
- Also, Filitra is not advised to men who take medications such as nitrates or alpha-blockers.
- It is also not advised in men who take riociguat, ritonavir, certain antifungals, and certain antibiotics.
Can Filitra be used in people more than 65 years of age?
An initial dose of Filitra 5mg should be considered in patients above 65 years of age. It should be used with extreme caution in older men with ED. If you are old and have ED as well as other health issues, you can cut one Filitra 10 mg pill into half and take the other half.
How should Filitra be taken in patients with liver impairment?
For patients with liver disease, doctors may start with the lowest possible dose of 2.5 mg. Usually, men with liver impairment should avoid using any PDE5 inhibitors. The same is the case with men who have kidney disorders or diseases.
Can Filitra pills be used by women?
Filitra is not designed for women. Vardenafil has not been studied in women with sexual dysfunction. However, trials are undergoing to determine the effect of vardenafil in women with female sexual arousal disorder or female impotence.
What is the difference between Levitra and Filitra?
Both Levitra and Filitra contain vardenafil. They belong to the same class called PDE5 inhibitors. The only difference is the price. Filitra is much cheaper than Levitra because it is a generic version. This generic drug is 85% cheaper than Levitra.
Is Filitra safer than Viagra?
The safety profile for Viagra and Filitra is quite similar. Both the drugs are safe for most men with erectile dysfunction, but they are not safe for men who take nitrates or alpha-blockers. Both are safe and effective when it comes to treating ED. However, Filitra has an added advantage in men who have ED but are diabetic.
Can I take Filitra every day?
Do not take one Filitra pill more than once a day. Make sure you take the next dose 24 hours after the previous dose. The dose is based on your medical problem, drug response, and other medicines you have been taking. Do not use this medicine regularly or more than required.
How many hours does Filitra last?
It is important to give the drug enough time to work. Filitra takes about 30 minutes to work. The effects last for about 4 to 5 hours after you take the pill. However, the drug’s effect may be affected if you take the medicine with a heavy meal, alcohol, or grapefruits.