Salient Features of Generic Finpecia
- Finasteride, the active drug of Generic Finpecia, is an FDA-approved pharmacological agent for androgenic alopecia in men so it is safe and effective.
- The FDA approved finasteride for the treatment of male pattern hair loss at a dose of 1 mg in 1998.
- Generic Finpecia helps men to experience new strands of hair in terms of regrowth, thickness, and density, provided they use it regularly.
- The overall effect of hair growth with Generic Finpecia was seen in more than 81% of men in whom hair regrowth increased significantly after using the drug for a year.
- Clinical trials have shown no specific safety concerns associated with the long-term use of Generic Finpecia in men with androgenic alopecia.
Generic Finpecia vs. Propecia
Propecia, developed by Merck, and Generic Finpecia, developed by Cipla, offer the same results as a treatment for hair loss in men. Both Generic Finpecia and Propecia contain exactly the same active ingredient finasteride so their efficacy is the same. However, Generic Finpecia is much cheaper than Propecia because Generic Finpecia is the generic version of Propecia. If you find Propecia too expensive, Generic Finpecia could be the best alternative, as it is quite affordable.
Working of Generic Finpecia
Generic Finpecia (finasteride) is a selective inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT. When DHT is high, men experience hair loss. Inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase becomes necessary to stop the body from converting testosterone into DHT. Upon oral administration of Generic Finpecia, the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase is reduced, preventing the conversion of testosterone into DHT. This lowers DHT, thereby preventing hair loss or hair fall in men.
- Generic Finpecia comes in a 1 mg tablet, which should be taken only once a day for at least six months to a year to notice an improvement in hair regrowth.
- Make sure you take Generic Finpecia at the same time every day, without skipping or missing the dose.
- Follow the instructions carefully or ask your doctor about how to use the medicine aptly.
- It is important to take this hair loss medication regularly to see an improvement in your scalp hair growth.
- Before treatment, tell your doctor about the medical conditions or drug allergies, if any, so you can use Generic Finpecia safely and effectively.
- More importantly, tell your doctor about the OTC or prescription medications you have been taking before using Generic Finpecia because finasteride may interact with certain drugs.
Possible Side Effects
- Low sexual desire
- Inability to achieve or maintain an erection
- Ejaculation issues
- Testicular pain
Your physician prescribes finasteride after considering its benefits to you, which outweigh the risk of side effects. Most patients with androgenic alopecia who use Generic Finpecia do not have serious side effects. See your doctor if you experience any breast enlargement, nipple discharge, pain in the testes, or urinary troubles. Get medical help if you have skin rashes, severe dizziness, or shortness of breath.
Special Precautions and Warnings
- Before using Generic Finpecia, you must tell your doctor if you have any medical issues, drug allergies, or treatments that you are undergoing.
- Please note that this hair loss medication is not for women, pregnant women, nursing mothers, infants, and children.
- Generic Finpecia is not advised to those who have a history of severe liver disease, prostate cancer, bacterial infections, or kidney problems.
- If you are supposed to undergo any surgery or dental procedures, tell your doctor/dentist that you are Generic Finpecia for hair loss.
- The skin can absorb Finasteride easily. So, those who are pregnant should not handle a broken or crushed pill. The drug could harm the fetus.
- Nursing mothers should also not use this hair loss medicine because it may harm the newborn. However, it is unclear whether the drug passes into breast milk.
Generic Finpecia, like Propecia, is contraindicated in people with the following conditions:
- Allergic to finasteride
- Breast cancer in men
- Liver or kidney dysfunction
- Suicidal thoughts
- Grade 4 prostate cancer
Generic Finpecia is not meant for children, women, pregnant women, or breastfeeding mothers. Men who use Generic Finpecia for their male pattern baldness are contraindicated from donating blood.
Generic Finpecia FAQs
What is Generic Finpecia advised for?
Generic Finpecia is indicated for the treatment of androgenic alopecia, aka male pattern baldness. Its safety and efficacy are demonstrated in bald men between the age group of 18 and 41 years. It is nothing but a generic version of brand Propecia.
Does Generic Finpecia regrow my hair in terms of density and thickness?
Studies have shown that Generic Finpecia can help regrow hair. More than 80% of Generic Finpecia users stop losing their hair after taking the drug for a couple of years, while nearly 65% of men experienced scalp hair regrowth after taking Generic Finpecia for a year.
Who should not use Generic Finpecia?
The use of finasteride in men above 55 can increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer so older men should not use the drug. Generic Finpecia may cause birth defects if used by pregnant women. It may also affect newborns if used by breastfeeding mothers. Children should also stay away from this hair loss medication.
Is Generic Finpecia safe if I use it for a longer duration?
Currently, studies have shown that Generic Finpecia is safe if you use it for a longer duration. One study has even shown that taking finasteride for a couple of years does not cause any long-term consequences.
Can I buy Generic Finpecia online?
Yes, you can buy Generic Finpecia online after providing a doctor’s prescription that mentions you have been advised finasteride for your male pattern baldness. Make sure you check with your doctor first before buying Generic Finpecia online.
How long can I use Generic Finpecia?
Generally, you need to take this hair loss medicine once every day for six months to one year. It proves its efficacy when you use it on a regular basis. However, continue taking Generic Finpecia tablet if advised by your doctor. Do not stop until your doctor says otherwise.
Does Generic Finpecia affect sperm quality?
Finasteride may affect sperm counts in some men. Sperm count improved significantly for most men after discontinuing Generic Finpecia, according to clinical trials. After treatment cessation, hormones, sperm motility, and sperm morphology remain unchanged.
Does Generic Finpecia reduce testosterone?
Finasteride inhibits the action of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase. This enzyme converts testosterone into another hormone called DHT, which is responsible for prostate enlargement and hair loss in men. Actually, this medicine will increase your testosterone levels, which, in turn, increase your hair growth on the scalp and decrease prostate size.