Salient Features of Generic Propecia
- Generic Propecia has been found safe and effective at promoting scalp hair growth and preventing further hair loss.
- Clinical trials have shown that more than 90% of men with male pattern baldness have experienced regrowth of scalp hair after using it regularly.
- Generic Propecia has a good tolerability profile, meaning most men tolerate the drug finasteride well, with little to no side effects.
- Scientific evidence suggests that Generic Propecia improves scalp hair count after 1 year of regular use.
- For male androgenic alopecia, the drug has shown improvement in hair growth in 48% of men who used the drug for a year and in 66% of men who took the drug for two years.
Generic Propecia vs. Brand Propecia
As the name suggests, Generic Propecia is nothing but a generic version of Propecia. Both Generic Propecia and brand Propecia contain finasteride in equal potencies so their indications, pharmacological action, dosage, precautions, warnings, and even side effects are the same. The only difference is the cost, where Generic Propecia is available at a much cheaper price than the brand Propecia. Merck is the manufacturer of the brand Propecia, which received approval in 1997. However, many companies make the generic version of finasteride.
Working of Generic Propecia
Testosterone and Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in men have somewhat different actions. The enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase converts testosterone to DHT, causing hair loss in men. The more the amount of DHT, the more the hair loss. Generic Propecia contains finasteride, a drug that inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. The levels of DHT fall after taking finasteride, suggesting that there is a significant increase in testosterone. This action mechanism of finasteride helps promote scalp hair growth in terms of growth, density, and thickness.
- Take Generic Propecia as prescribed by your physician and do not increase or decrease the dose of your own volition. Read all instructions carefully and use the medicine cautiously.
- Generally, your doctor may advise finasteride 1 mg, which is to be taken orally with a full glass of water, preferably at the same time every day. Do not miss or skip the dose.
- The most important aspect of Generic Propecia is you have to take it regularly for at least a year in order to notice an improvement in your hair growth.
- Consume this medicine by mouth with or without food or as directed by your medical providers, usually once a day.
- Please note that if the pill is crushed or broken, you should not let it be handled by pregnant women or women who may become pregnant.
- Use Generic Propecia regularly so you can get the most benefit from it. If you notice no improvement even after using it for 3 months, check with your doctor.
- Patients must continue taking this hair loss medication to maintain their hair growth. Abruptly discontinuing finasteride treatment may lead to gradual hair loss within a few months.
Potential Side Effects
- Low sexual drive
- Mild dizziness
- Pain or tenderness in testicles
- Urinary troubles
Remember, your doctor will prescribe finasteride after judging its benefit to you rather than the risk of adverse effects. Most patients with male pattern baldness using Generic Propecia do not have severe side effects. Immediately see your doctor if you experience any lump in the breast, breast enlargement, nipple discharge, testicular pain, or inability to urinate. Serious allergic reactions to finasteride are rare. However, get help if you experience skin rashes, severe dizziness, or breathlessness.
Special Precautions and Warnings
- Before using Generic Propecia, tell your doctor whether you have any medical conditions, drug allergies, or have been undergoing any treatment with any drugs.
- Please note that this hair loss medication is not meant for women, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and infants or children.
- Generic Propecia is usually not advised to people with a medical history of severe liver disease, prostate cancer, microbial infections, and severe urinary problems.
- If you are planning to undergo any surgery or even a dental procedure, tell your doctor or dentist that you have been taking this hair loss medicine.
- Finasteride has the potential to get absorbed by the skin. So, a broken or crushed pill should not be handled by pregnant women because this could affect the fetus.
- Breast-feeding mothers should also not use this medicine because it may harm the newborn. Check with your doctor if you have any questions about this medicine.
- People with certain conditions are contraindicated from using Generic Propecia pills.
- Patients with male breast cancer, suicidal thoughts, liver or kidney problems, pregnancy or breastfeeding, or stage IV prostate cancer are not advised to take this medicine.
- Those who are allergic to 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors should never use Generic Propecia. Therefore, it is important to check with your doctor about any drug allergies.
- Generic Propecia is not indicated for children or newborns. Please check with your doctor for more information on the contraindications of this hair loss medicine.
Generic Propecia FAQs
Does Generic Propecia regrow my hair?
Generic Propecia typically prevents the aging and damaging of hair follicles, helping men to keep the hair they have. In some men, it can help regrow lost hair. Clinical trials have shown that 66% of men taking Generic Propecia had visible scalp hair regrowth.
Does Generic Propecia really work?
Yes, there is clinical evidence suggesting that Generic Propecia does work when it comes to preventing hair loss in men. It works by reducing the secretion of a male hormone that is responsible for shrinking hair follicles. The drug has also been found to slow down hair loss in more than 85% of men.
Does Generic Propecia cause erectile dysfunction?
According to some researchers, men who take Generic Propecia to treat male pattern baldness are more likely to develop erectile dysfunction. However, other researchers have said that the actual evidence is not a major cause of concern.
Is Generic Propecia safe for long-term use?
Studies have shown that its active drug finasteride is safe for long-term use. One study suggests that men who had taken finasteride for nearly six years had no long-term consequences. In fact, the medicine is designed for longtime use so you can experience its benefits.
Can I buy Generic Propecia online?
Yes, you can buy Generic Propecia online if you think the brand Propecia is too expensive. Make sure you have a finasteride prescription before you buy Generic Propecia online. Hiskart offers this medicine at the best possible price. A single pill of Generic Propecia will cost you between $0.80 and $2, depending on the number of pills ordered.
What are the side effects of Generic Propecia?
Common side effects of Generic Propecia include erectile dysfunction, low libido, ejaculatory disorder, swelling in the face and hands, breast tenderness or swelling, dizziness, and headache. If you experience any other side effects, report to your doctor.
Which is better Generic Propecia or Minoxidil?
Both Generic Propecia and Minoxidil are advised for the treatment of hair loss. The former is available in oral pills, while the latter is for topical application. Finasteride may slow down your hair loss and balding. Minoxidil may help with the regrowth of hair but it is temporary.
Does Generic Propecia cause infertility?
Generic Propecia contains finasteride, which may cause male infertility or affect semen quality. These side effects fade away after men stop taking the medication. Finasteride has an effect on the male reproductive system, which is why it may cause impotence and low sexual drive.
Does Generic Propecia work in men with advanced hair loss?
Finasteride does not work for every type of baldness. So, if you already have an advanced stage of hair loss or severe male pattern baldness, Generic Propecia would be futile. However, if you have just started losing hair, this medicine is the best option. Men with total baldness are not advised to take this medicine.
Can you drink alcohol on Generic Propecia treatment?
Finasteride alters the brain’s ability to change the way some hormones work. And these hormones are linked to drinking alcohol. It is better to limit your alcohol intake while you are on Generic Propecia treatment. Alcohol may affect the drug’s effect as well.
How long does it take for Generic Propecia to work?
Finasteride has been studied quite well. In fact, it is currently the most well-studied hair loss medicine. You can expect to see mild improvements from using finasteride within three months. More significant results have been visible after using the drug for a year.
How much does Generic Propecia cost compared to the brand one?
The brand Propecia usually costs about $70 to $75 per month. On the other hand, Generic Propecia may cost you around $30 per month if you get the pill on HisKart. In addition, HisKart offers free shipping on orders above $200. Furthermore, it offers free bonus pills on every order, saving you a lot of money.
Can I take Generic Propecia with Generic Viagra?
Patients who worry about Generic Propecia’s side effects like erectile dysfunction (ED) may think of using Generic Viagra. It is important to check with your doctor first whether you can take sildenafil while you are on finasteride. It is generally safe but you must have a word with your doctor.